Configuring the On-Premise Application Deployer is very simple:
- Apache Tomcat v7 Download: Download and install Apache Tomat v7.
- On-Premise App Deployer Download: Login to the FoxWeave Console and go to Settings -> On-Premise. From there, you can read the License Agreement and download the FoxWeave On-Premise deployer application.
- On-Premise App Deployer Deploy: Copy the On-Premise deployer to the Tomcat
- Apache Tomcat v7 Start: Open a command terminal (cmd on Windows). Change to the
bindirectory in Tomcat. Start Tomcat by running
./catalina.sh run(Mac/Linux/Unix) or
catalina.cmd run(Windows). Make sure you are using version 6 of the Oracle/Sun JDK.
- On-Premise App Deployer Configure: Open a browser and go to http://localhost:8080/foxweave-deployer-tomcat7/. Copy the FoxWeave API credentials from your account on the FoxWeave Console (Settings -> API) and press the Save button.
- (Optional) Turn on FINE/Debug Logging: To turn on FINE logging of FoxWeave in Tomcat, simply add
com.foxweave.level = FINEto a new line at the bottom of Tomcat’s logging configuration file
conf/logging.properties. This is particularly useful if you are developing an extension for FoxWeave. If you turn this on later, make sure to restart Tomcat again.
- Apache Tomcat v7 Restart: Return to the command terminal and restart Tomcat (Ctrl-C to stop and then start it again as per #4 above).
bindirectory, as outlined above. The FoxWeave deployer expects the
cwdto be the Tomcat
bindirectory. Do NOT use any OS specific launchers for starting Tomcat (e.g. on Windows). Always follow the above steps exactly!!
And that’s it… you can now deploy FoxWeave Integration Apps On-Premise. Please check out the following short 2 minute video. It demonstrates the steps outlined above.